Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Task 2: pitch a proposal for a media product

This is my first FMP proposal. In the video I talk about the story of my game and what inspired me to come up with the idea of creating a game with a female protagonist which I linked back to the game horizon dawn. The video also shows me talking about what kind of audience I am aiming for in which I did some research on horizon's demographics since my idea was heavily inspired by it in which I found out that it was popular among people between the ages of 18 and 30.



This is my second FMP proposal which I improved using my fellow classmates comments about the first one, I didn't really get any negative comments on my first one and it was mostly just positive ones.
They commented about how I was confident and that I had used good hand gestures while presenting, someone also said that I was a bit nervous in the beginning however as the presentation progressed they said that I became more stable and confident and that I kept good eye contact. I also included a screenshot of the comment in my presentation.
Personally I think that even though I had improved the PowerPoint presentation itself I liked the first one a lot more because I stuttered much less than I did in the second one, I think that I stuttered the most on the part where I tried to explain my idea of my game's terrain and I think that I stuttered there because I was trying to improvise and explain it without a proper script.
When I got through the stutter I was able to follow through with the presentation and finish it.
     I will take my mistake of trying to improvise by actually practicing what I should say in such an event and to get my thoughts straight so that I don't make the same mistake again. Apart from that I am happy and satisfied with both of the presentations because I think that my presenting skills have improved in terms of confidence and eye contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment